Various physical therapy treatments are also important for a successful treatment
In order to fully exploit the therapeutic effects of the lake water, in addition to bathing, physicians use many forms of treatments in the course of the compilation of the cures.
Methods included in the following physiotherapeutic treatment group are used mostly in Hévíz:
Electrotherapy, balneotherapy and mechanotherapy are part of physiotherapy treatments. Electrotherapy is used in various forms during Hévíz treatments. Therapies may mitigate pain, stimulate blood circulation and generate deep tissue congestion depending on the therapy type.
„Low frequency” treatment types are ultrasound, magnetic ring, diadynamic, ionomodulator, sonopuls, stymat, sonodynator, dionin, endomed treatments or cryotherapy, wich is based on the circulation of cold air
„High frequency” treatment types: decimetre wave, microwave and short wave. Treatments use the heat effect of electricity for generating tissue congestion. Indications: improves blood circulation, alleviator of pain.
Types of treatments
- During iontotherapy the ions of a medicine prescribed by physician are introduced to the body via the skin with the help of local galvanic current. It may be local and general: relieving muscle- and traumatic pains and arthritis. It is beneficial for migraine and aortic stenosis; it also speeds up the absorption of hematoma and softens up scarring.
- Diadynamic current therapy is a special electrotherapy, which has an alleviative and circulation boosting effect. Indications: analgesic treatment, vein innervations disorders, twitches, bruises, oedema, nervous pain, joint and spine wear, disc related disorders, muscle wasting.
- Myotest means electrical treatment of the nerves, by generating muscle contractions. Indications: treatment and prevention of muscular wasting.
- Interference therapy
Due to the different power frequencies conducted into muscles next to the spine the muscle knots caused by posture disorders decrease because of the internal pulsing massage generated by the electric power.
- Ultrasound therapy
Tissue micro massage, which is created by mechanical vibrations. It is suitable for healing every musculoskeletal disease.
Magnetic ring, also known as pulsatron. It is based on the biological effects of the magnetic field’s rhythmic changes. It can be used after a stroke, in case of stiffness, muscle weakness, neuralgia, post-treatments of injuries and in some medical cases.
Sollux, laser, evolite...all are using the special physical attribution of the light to heal different diseases. Laser (light laser) is mostly used to cure movement diseases. It decreases pain, sore, muscle tension, edem, and stimulates the immune system, and accelerates wound healing
It is an independent cure, but it is also an important part of the complex therapy. These are therapeutic forms based on the following types of treatments
- Passive: massage >>>
- Active: physical and therapeutic exercise >>>
Did you know that,
- although electricity hadn’t been known yet, the Romans used the electrotherapy?
- electricity generating fishes were placed next to paralyzed children in the pool in order to stimulate their muscles?