POST-COVID CARE - GENERAL IMMUNE BOOSTING PROGRAMME IN HÉVÍZ
Nowadays, the general weakness of the immune system, the appearance of post-Covid symptoms, fatigue, breathing difficulties, and reduced exercise capacity are current problems among people who have contracted Covid-19 disease.
The severity of illness caused by the Covid-19 virus varies from patient to patient, with different post-Covid symptoms. If you have symptoms associated with the disease, such as persistent cough, breathing difficulties, fatigue, joint pain, it is recommended that you take part in a shorter health programme designed to manage these symptoms. The severity of illness caused by the Covid-19 virus varies from patient to patient, with different post-Covid symptoms. The programme includes a range of treatments. Also, specialist consultations and monitoring are provided throughout the process. However, due to the variety and severity of post-Covid symptoms, the treatments recommended and the number of treatments may vary from patient to patient.
After 220 years of medical experience and research, the Traditional Hévíz Therapy became a trademark of Hévíz in 2015. The therapy consists of three basic and four complementary treatments using the healing properties of sulphurous magnesium carbonate water.
Experts have recognized that a significant part of the hydro, movement, physio- and electrotherapies of the Traditional Hévíz Therapy is suitable for the treatment of certain problems of the Post-Covid syndrome. In addition, the mineral content of Lake Hévíz, the evaporating water and the climatic effect of the 60-hectare Protective Forest surrounding the lake are also very effective in achieving the healing effect.
The Post-Covid Care programme will work on the model of the already proven Traditional Hévíz Therapy. Patients arriving in Hévíz with post-Covid-19 symptoms will receive professional and personalised treatments in the comfort of a hotel, under medical supervision. The programme and the quality of the treatments will be identical, regardless of which Hévíz location the patient chooses.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF POST-COVID SYNDROME? HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU NEED THIS PROGRAMME?
Post-Covid symptoms can occur up to 4-6 weeks after an acute infection. The most common symptoms are fatigue, shortness of breath or chest pain, muscle weakness, concentration problems, insomnia or nightmares. Many Covid-infected patients have been diagnosed with psychological problems, muscle pain, palpitations, headaches, loss of sense of smell and taste, memory and auditory problems. If the symptoms do not subside twelve weeks after the infection, it is called a post-Covid-19 syndrome.
You can achieve a speedy recovery and fuller rehabilitation, as far as possible, not by medication but by a targeted treatment plan (active exercise, passive treatment methods and other physiotherapy techniques). The aim is to preserve the function of the parts of the body that remain intact, to promote the regeneration of damaged tissues and to integrate the recovered functions into the movements of everyday life.
- reducing breathing difficulties
- restoring and improving diaphragm function
- improving chest mobility
- restoring and improving the breathing mechanism
- restoring and improving motor functions
- restoring and improving muscular strength of the skeletal muscles
- improving coordination of movement, balance and proprioception
- restoration and improvement of circulatory functions, endurance
- improving quality of life
- cognitive therapy under the guidance of an occupational therapist
- patient education
- psychic guidance - with the assistance of a psychologist
THE PROGRAMME IS MADE UP OF THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS:
- Preliminary health survey via an online questionnaire - mandatory element
- Specialist consultation - multiple sessions - mandatory element
- Pre-treatment laboratory and diagnostic tests - optional: can be replaced by medical reports less than four weeks old
- Post-Covid Care treatment programme, consisting of several treatments tailored to the individual - mandatory element
- Accommodation at the provider of the package - optional, the Post-Covid Care programme can also be attended as an outpatient
- Aftercare - an online questionnaire to be filled in after the treatments about the health status achieved as a result of the treatments - mandatory element
WHERE CAN I FILL IN THE PRELIMINARY HEALTH SURVEY?
The survey is the same, but it must always be completed on the website of the hotel where you book your package, as only then will the hotel have access to your protected health information. You can therefore find the questionnaire on the websites of the following accommodation providers:
WHAT PRE-TREATMENT LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS ARE NEEDED?
- Laboratory tests (blood count, renal function, liver enzymes, C reactive protein, iron panel, thyroid function, D-dimer test)
- ECG test by an internist, cardiologist
- Imaging tests (Chest CT scan, cardiac ultrasound)
- Chest excursion test
- Six-minute walk test
- Oxygen saturation
- Muscle strength measurement of major muscle groups
WHAT TREATMENTS DOES THE POST-COVID CARE TREATMENT PROGRAMME CONSIST OF?
To provide you with a quality service, treatments are carried out according to specific rules by qualified therapists and under constant medical supervision.
Mandatory elements of the treatment
- therapeutic exercises: individually or in a group, in a gym or water according to the patient's condition,
- therapeutic massage,
- electrotherapy (TENS) - pain relief, muscle toning,
- BEMER therapy,
- CO2 bath
- bath therapy
Treatments recommended as basic treatments, depending on the patient’s condition:
- breathing exercises, chest mobilisation, chest exercises
- general conditioning therapeutic exercises
- muscle strengthening, use of equipment, core training
- plyometric exercises
- development of static and dynamic balance, proprioception: aquatic gymnastics, balance exercises, use of equipment
- circulation, endurance: low, medium, high-intensity aerobic exercises in groups, depending on your condition
- Nordic Walking
- bath therapy
- dry carbon dioxide bath
- bathing in pool
- bathing in Lake Hévíz
Additional options, recommended treatments according to the patient’s condition:
- salt cave
- movement therapy: exercise programmes with physical strain according to the patient's condition, increasing endurance
- patient education: lifestyle and dietary advice
- O2 therapy
- relaxation techniques
- relaxation programmes: Thai Chi, Five Tibetan exercises, yoga...
- exercise bicycle in the hotel, electric bicycles for hire at the Tourinform office
- mental health guidance
- outdoor gym at the Lake Baths,
- outdoor aqua fitness at the Lake Baths
DEPENDING ON YOUR CONDITION, THESE ARE THE RESULTS YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Improving the circulation
- Relieving pain
- Relaxing the muscles
- Restoring movement functions lost due to infection
- Relieving contractures caused by infection
- Increasing muscle strength
- Preserving and improving muscle contractility
- Functional learning, occupational therapy (practising practical movements and sequences of movements)
- Training of sensory functions
- Developing dynamic stability
- Preventing the development of complications
- Psychological guidance of the patient
- Achieving self-care
THE EFFECTS OF The Hévíz therapeutic TREATMENT CAN ALSO BE ADDED:
- Maintenance of the function of the articular cartilage
- Mobilisation of the joints
- Release of joint contractures