Infra-red saunas for one or two persons are available in special stores.
Infra-red sauna cabins use infra-red radiation, which causes deep heat sensation in the tissues of the body. As it is a deep heat treatment, 80% of the energy used in the cabin warms up the body and only 20% is used for heating the surrounding air of the cabin. The infra-red radiation gets under the skin in a depth of 1 cm, where it loosens up the excreta and toxic substances located under the skin layer and empties them via the perspiratory glands.
Cabin temperature is about 45 to 80 °C; humidity is about 45 to 50 %.
Recommended duration is about 45 to 60 minutes once or twice a day.
As the temperature of the infra-red sauna is lower than the traditional Finnish sauna, the stay in the infra-red sauna is less straining for the body.
Beneficial effects of the infra-red sauna:
- Burns calories, namely it has a slimming effect
- An infra-red sauna treatment with a duration of 30 minutes may burn up to 300 calories!
- Alleviator of pain –by expanding the external blood vessels
- Stimulates and strengthens the immune system
- Improves and strengthens the blood circulation
- Cleans the body from harmful substances
- Eliminates orange skin
- Cures joint-related pains
- Anti-stress and relaxing effect
- Improves the looks of the skin